ISI Boarding Welfare Inspection Report
The Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) is a Government approved inspectorate responsible for the inspection of Association independent schools. Schools in the Associations are ranked among the best in the world and at King’s College Panama, we are proud to have undergone our first inspection in October 2015 for the benefit of the pupils at our school.
We constantly seek to improve the quality and effectiveness of the education on offer at our school and the care that pupils receive whilst in our care.
Main Findings and Key Judgements from the ISI Report:
- The quality of pupils’ achievement is good.
- Attitude towards learning is excellent throughout the school.
- Pupils with EAL make excellent progress in their level of English.
- Personal development in EYFS is outstanding.
- The quality of the curriculum and extra curriculum provision is good.
- Quality of teaching is good.
- Pupil’s personal development is excellent.
- Relationships between pupils and teachers are warm and exemplary.
- Moral development of the children is excellent
- In PSHE lessons pupils’ achievement is excellent.
- Pupils show excellent research skills in topic work.
- Pupils develop good levels of skill in PE.
- Social development is excellent.
- Pupils feel valued and feel confident and reflective showing concern and respect for each other.
- Students’ achievement in Maths and Science in secondary is high.
- The quality of Governance is good.
- In their response to a pre-inspection questionnaire, parents indicated their overwhelming satisfaction with the good progress the children were making.
- ICT is embedded in the curriculum from years 7-9.
- Excellent teaching in EYFS.
- Detailed planning and excellent organization ensure that all children make at least good and sometimes rapid progress.
- Peer and self-assessment are well established.
- Good quality of pastoral care
- At all levels, Leadership and Management provide clear educational direction.
- A strong sense of teamwork is generated amongst the staff.
- The quality and links with parents is good.
THE SCHOOL IS COMPLIANT WITH ALL BSO REGULATIONS