King’s College Panama is proud to have undergone an inspection by the British Schools Overseas (BSO) in 2019. We constantly seek to improve the quality and effectiveness of the education on offer at our school and the care that pupils receive whilst in our care. King’s College, The British School of Panama meets all the standards for British Schools Overseas.
King’s College is the only school in Panama that is regularly inspected by the external body.
- There is a clear vision of excellence, which is increasing driven by sensible use of data.
- A robust set of systems has been developed and underpins the progress being made.
- The senior leadership team is working hard to build capacity, and this is beginning to be effective, despite high levels of staff and pupil turnover.
- Relationships between staff and pupils and between staff and parents are very strong.
- Spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of the pupils is excellent – a strength of the school.
- The curriculum is developing well – it is increasingly offering appropriate challenge for all pupils.
- The best teaching is outstanding – pace, challenge and pupil engagement are strong in these lessons.
- Provision of information for parents is another strength of KCP – parents reported high levels of satisfaction.
- Pupils too are enthusiast about the school: for example, they love the house system and reported ‘great assemblies’.
- Developments at KCP have been driven by the passionate and energetic headteacher, whose positive impact on the school has been remarkable.
- Along with support from her senior leadership team, they are a strength of the school.