DATA PROTECTION AND COOKIES POLICY for King’s College, The British School of Panama
Corporate Name: King’s College Panamá S.A.
Commercial Name: King’s College, The British School of Panama
Address: Clayton Avenida al Hospital, Edificio 518, Panamá, República de Panamá
Telephone: +507 282 3300
Entered in the Registro Único de Contribuyente Tomo, Folio, Rollo 2083608-1-753760 DV
In accordance with the terms of the Law 81 of March 26, 2019, on the Protection of Personal Data, King’s College Panamá S.A. informs all website users who supply, or are going to supply, their personal data, that their data will be incorporated into an automated file owned by King’s College Panamá S.A. which is available to the National Authority of Transparency and Access to Information (ANTAI). Users, by providing their personal data, specifically and freely accept that their personal data will be processed by King’s College Panamá S.A. as the data controller in order to carry out the following purposes:
- To identify users.
- To process orders, requests or any other type of petition, which are completed by the user through any course of contact. These are made available to the user through the company web site.
- To carry out statistical surveys about the most demanded products and services in order to improve them.
- To send commercial communications if previously authorised by user by ticking a specified box. Commercial communications will include: newsletters and notices from the webpage, referral of commercial advertisements through e-mail, fax, SMS, MMS, social communities or any other electronic or physical means, present or future, which enables commercial communication.
These commercial communications will be about products or services offered by the King’s College Panamá S.A. and other companies which belong to King’s College, as well as by collaborators or partners with whom agreements have been reached regarding commercial promotion among clients. In this case, the third parties will never be able to access to the users’ personal data. In all cases, commercial communications will be carried out by King’s College Panamá S.A. and the products and services will be linked only with the King’s College Panamá S.A.’s sector.
The personal data object of the treatment may only be communicated to other centers within the group of King’s College with the prior consent of the user and they will be treated with the same legitimate purposes mentioned herein according to the Law 81 and with strict observance of its provisions and the recommendations issued by ANTAI. The following link includes information on King’s College schools located both in the EU and outside the EU to which personal data may be disclosed to:
All data which is specifically asked for through the website is mandatory. This data is required to provide an optimal service to the user. In the case where the solicited data is not made available, King’s College Panamá S.A. cannot guarantee that the information and services required by the user will be tailored to individual needs.
King’s College Panamá S.A. guarantees that in every case, the user has rights of access, rectification, cancellation, object and portability, among others, in the terms set out by the current legislation. Therefore, in accordance with the provisions of Law 81, users will be able to exercise their rights by sending a written specific request, along with a copy of their ID card, through the following means:
Postal Address: Clayton Avenida al Hospital, Edificio 518, Panamá, República de Panamá
Similarly, the user will be able to unsubscribe from the reception of commercial communications by clicking in the “unsubscribe” section found in all e-mails sent by the provider.
King’s College Panamá S.A. has adopted all necessary technical and organizational means in order to guarantee the confidentiality, security and integrity of personal data that is concerned, as well as to avoid the loss, alteration, destruction and/or access of unauthorised third parties.
What is a cookie
Purpose of cookies
Using cookies, it is possible for the server hosting the website to recognize the browser being used in order to facilitate navigation; allowing, for example, users who have registered previously to access areas, services, promotions or competitions reserved exclusively for them without having to register each time. They are also used to measure the audience and traffic parameters, monitor progress and the number of entries.
The user has the possibility to configure their browser in order to be shown when cookies are being used and to prevent their installation on their computer. Please consult the browser’s instructions and user manuals to find out more information.
In order to use the website, the user does not have to allow the installation of cookies sent by the website, or third parties which act on their behalf. Nevertheless, it is necessary for the user to log-in to every service which requires prior registration or log-in details.
Types of cookies
The cookies used in this website are all temporary, with the sole purpose of making future transmission more efficient. In no case will the cookies be used in order to collect personal data.
The cookies used are:
- Analytical cookies (Google Analytics): These allow monitoring and analysis of the user’s behaviour in order to make improvements based on his or her usage of the website and services. As stated by Google, Google Analytics is a free web analytics tool provided by Google that primarily allows website owners to know how users interact with their website. It also enables cookies in the domain of the website being viewed and uses a set of cookies called ” __utma ” and ” __utmz ” to collect anonymous information and report on website trends without identifying individual users.
More information on Google Analytics at:
- Technical cookies: They allow the user to browse through the website and use its various options or services.
- Plug-in cookies: these cookies are used to share social content. Social networks store and access this type of cookies in the user’s terminal equipment, allowing the social network to identify its members as they interact with the plug-ins.
- Multimedia player cookies: They store technical data, necessary to play video or audio content, maintaining an adequate connection speed, image quality and buffering parameters.
Opting out of cookies
Users can disable cookies on their terminal by configuring their browser, but this will entail a less satisfactory browsing experience that may even be defective. For more information on disabling cookies visit:
The website servers will automatically be able to detect the IP Address and domain name used by the user. An IP Address is a number which is automatically assigned to a computer when it connects to the Internet. All of this information is collected in a file about server activity that allows subsequent processing of data; with the aim to collect statistical measurements only, which show the number of printed pages, the number of visits to web services, the reasons of the visit, the point of access, etc.
The website uses information security technologies which are accepted throughout the industry, such as FireWalls, methods to control access and cryptic mechanisms. All of these have the objective of preventing unauthorised access to the data. In order to carry out these purposes, the user/ client accepts that the provider collects data for purposes of authentication for access control.